Visited May 2014.
A large site with barracks somewhere in Belgium, built in the 1800’s, and extended in about 1930. During WOII the barracks were occupied by the German army and later on by the US Army. In the early 1990’s the barracks were closed. Plans to transform the buildings into a prison were opposed by local community.
A great part of the site is already transformed into houses and apartments. It won’t be long before the remaining barracks will be demolished.